I don’t generally like cookies, but I can’t resist the ones bought from Famous-Amos. 100 gm pun tak cukup.. The very name ‘cookie’ is actually derived from a Dutch word ‘koekje’ (sorry I don’t know how to pronounce that) meaning ‘little cakes’. During the old days, bakers use to drop small amount of cake batters to test the temperature of their oven. That’s how cookies began..
There are basically 6 type of cookies : drop cookies, bar cookies, rolled, molded, pressed and refrigerator cookies. When I have the time I will go into details on each of this. But here’s the summary.
- Drop cookies – the quickest and easiest to make. You drop the cookies using teaspoons onto the baking sheet.
- Bar cookies – baked in square pan. Might use nuts or oatmeal. Cut into squares.
- Rolled cookies – made from a stiff dough which is rolled and then cut into smaller pieces.
- Molded cookies – made from a stiff dough also and shaped into balls, log or whatever mold you have.
- Pressed cookies - these are the ones formed by using a cookie press or pastry tube.
- Refrigerator cookies- normally a rich dough shaped into logs. Can be stored in freezer until ready to use.
No related posts.
- September 27, 2014
- September 28, 2014
- September 29, 2014
- October 3, 2014
- October 4, 2014
- October 11, 2014
- October 12, 2014
- October 13, 2014
- October 17, 2014
- October 18, 2014
- October 19, 2014
- October 31, 2014
Sms/ whatsapp : 019-3805344
Email : email@example.com
ARISSA AZMAN RESOURCES(002206222P)
1 Jalan Indah 1, Taman Cheras Indah,
56100 Kuala Lumpur.
Even bakers choose various baking supplies on DHgate.com
Click for more info
- Recent comments
Min Bakingproject on September giveaway – fondant silicone mold
Jan Ryan on Steamed filled bun/ pau
Thanks,Yasmin.....over here is even difficult to get cake flour but i do use a low gluton flour.Thanks for sharing
Joshua Rajinindrababu on September giveaway – fondant silicone mold
Pastry on Soup | All about food on Soup with puff pastry top hat
[…] this recipe was taken from http://bakingproject.com/2008/04/06/soup-with-pastry-top-hat/. i just love this chef because she shares all the techniques and shares all …
Bagus Baking Solutions Center on Steamed filled bun/ pau
Nice look~Popular Posts
- My second book – Ilham Reka Kek Fondan 96 comments
- PME Professional Diploma course – Sugarpaste Module 85 comments
- 1st birthday giveaway 65 comments
- Free book – “Cara mudah membuat coklat” 43 comments
- 5th birthday giveaway 42 comments
Order my books
Ilham reka kek fondan
Kesabaran yang tinggi dalam menghasilkan hiasan kek yang cantik dan menarik memberikan kepuasan kepada para peminatnya. Justera, buku ini menghimpunkan beberapa ilham rekaan hiasan kek fondan untuk anda cuba. RM22.00.
Panduan menghias kek fondan, 20 projek langkah demi langkah. RM30
A step by step guide to creating 20 novelty fondant cakes. RM28.00