I don’t generally like cookies, but I can’t resist the ones bought from Famous-Amos. 100 gm pun tak cukup.. The very name ‘cookie’ is actually derived from a Dutch word ‘koekje’ (sorry I don’t know how to pronounce that) meaning ‘little cakes’. During the old days, bakers use to drop small amount of cake batters to test the temperature of their oven. That’s how cookies began..
There are basically 6 type of cookies : drop cookies, bar cookies, rolled, molded, pressed and refrigerator cookies. When I have the time I will go into details on each of this. But here’s the summary.
- Drop cookies – the quickest and easiest to make. You drop the cookies using teaspoons onto the baking sheet.
- Bar cookies – baked in square pan. Might use nuts or oatmeal. Cut into squares.
- Rolled cookies – made from a stiff dough which is rolled and then cut into smaller pieces.
- Molded cookies – made from a stiff dough also and shaped into balls, log or whatever mold you have.
- Pressed cookies - these are the ones formed by using a cookie press or pastry tube.
- Refrigerator cookies- normally a rich dough shaped into logs. Can be stored in freezer until ready to use.
April & May classes
- April 27, 2014
- April 28, 2014
- April 29, 2014
- May 1, 2014
- May 2, 2014
- May 3, 2014
- May 4, 2014
- May 5, 2014
- May 9, 2014
- May 10, 2014
- May 11, 2014
- May 13, 2014
- May 16, 2014
- May 17, 2014
- May 18, 2014
- May 23, 2014
- May 24, 2014
- May 25, 2014
- May 26, 2014
- May 30, 2014
- May 31, 2014
HP : 019-3805344
ARISSA AZMAN RESOURCES(002206222P)
1 Jalan Indah 1, Taman Cheras Indah, 56100 Kuala Lumpur.
Even bakers choose various baking supplies on DHgate.com
Click for more info
Order my books
Panduan menghias kek fondan, 20 projek langkah demi langkah. RM30
Ilham reka kek fondan
Kesabaran yang tinggi dalam menghasilkan hiasan kek yang cantik dan menarik memberikan kepuasan kepada para peminatnya. Justera, buku ini menghimpunkan beberapa ilham rekaan hiasan kek fondan untuk anda cuba. RM22.00.
A step by step guide to creating 20 novelty fondant cakes. RM28.00
- Recent posts
Recent PostsRecent comments
Rodica Ifrim on Quick sugar cone basket
Yasmin on Cake decorating with Edible image
thank you Rini :)
Rini Hye Sun on Cake decorating with Edible image
Rose Alzebeidy on Baking a rich fruit cake
Salam, it looks amazing!
Casper Aurora on Cake decorating with Edible image
pandai la akak ni hias kek. buat kelas x?Popular Posts
- My second book – Ilham Reka Kek Fondan 96 comments
- PME Professional Diploma course – Sugarpaste Module 85 comments
- 1st birthday giveaway 65 comments
- Free book – "Cara mudah membuat coklat" 43 comments
- 5th birthday giveaway 42 comments