GUEST INSTRUCTOR : Chef Gunawan Hj. Jamil
NO. OF STUDENT : Maximum of 10 students for Hands-on class, 15 for Demo classes.
LOCATION : Taman Cheras Indah, Kuala Lumpur. Map is at the top page.
CLASS RESERVATION : Please submit your name and the class you are interested in joining, email to email@example.com or sms to Yasmin, hp : 019-3805344. Once we have enough student, we will contact you again to collect a deposit of RM50 per class.Bank : Maybank, Account no : 114094010793
( Beneficiary Payment Alert, please use email : firstname.lastname@example.org. SMS : 019-3805344 )
CHOCOLATE FOR BEGINNERS
- Easy techniques to make and sell chocolates from home
- Difference between compound and couverture chocolate
- How to handle, melt, flavor, colour and store chocolates
- How to make almond chocolate, strawberry chocolate, Oreo truffles, chocolate rice rocher (all from compound) and chocolate plastic (for rose)
- Making chocolate decorations – piped designs, rose and leaf, chocolate shaves, cigarette, curls, ribbon and how to use chocolate transfer sheets.
Students will be able to taste and take home the chocolates. Items to bring - apron, kitchen towel, pen, cake box or containers.
RAYA COOKIES CLASS – CLASSIC & MODERN
- Student will be shown how to make 10 types of cookies – Biskut batang buruk, tart nenas, Mama Carrie, biskut suji pelangi, biskut kacang Mazola, tart blueberi gulung, biskut keju paprika, almond strawberi rocher, samprit coklat & biskut dam nestum nesvita.
- Free recipes : biskut Viennese & kuih gunting.
Students will be able to taste the cookies and assist the Chef during class. Items to bring - pen and small Tupperware.
BAKING FOR BEGINNERS
- Preparing ingredients, cake mixing, lining cake tin, baking technique and oven use.
- Baking 5 varieties of classic cakes – Sponge cake, butter cake, chocolate cake, fruit cake and lemon cheesecake.
- Free recipes - will update soon.
Students will be able to taste and take home cake samples. Items to bring - apron, kitchen towel, pen, cake box or containers ( 2 or 3 containers)
- Mixing the dough, kneading, rising, dividing and shaping the dough, glazing and baking.
- Students will learn how to bake : Burger bun, soft roll, hotdog bun, baguette (for garlic bread), mexican bun (roti boy) and pizza.
- Free recipes - Nut bread, chicken floss bread, coconut bread and raisin bread.
Students will be able to taste and take home bread samples. Items to bring - apron, kitchen towel, pen, cake box or containers ( 2 or 3 containers).
BAKING – RED VELVET & RAINBOW CAKE
- Students will learn how to make the Red Velvet cake and the Cream cheese frosting from scratch.
- Students will learn how to make the Rainbow cake and Italian meringue butter cream from scratch.
- Free recipe : New York Cheesecake & Opera cake
Students will be able to taste and take home cake samples. Items to bring - apron, kitchen towel, pen, cake box or containers.
INSTRUCTOR PROFILE : CHEF GUNAWAN HJ. JAMIL
Chef Gunawan specialized in Bakery, Pastries & Confectionery and is an expert in Austrian and Dutch dessert. Has worked in the following companies – Malaysia International Shipping Corporation, Hotel Impiana KL, Concorde Inn KLIA, Prince Court Medical Centre KL. Also participated as Judge in cooking shows, conducting cooking demos in TV and functions, and teaching Kemas participants. An active member of the Chef Association of Malaysia.